The teachers at TSS have an unusual breadth and depth of experience. Some are young people flush with the excitement of launching their careers, others are parents themselves, and understand the joys and stresses of being involved in their child’s musical education firsthand. Still others have nurtured and supported their students with caring, a sense of humour and inspiring playing. At TSS, we believe in taking the long view, that while there may be ups and downs, both the journey and the goals achieved along the way are totally worthwhile. Character traits like perseverance, patience and self-discipline last a lifetime.
At TSS/P we are very happy to report an exceptionally low turnover rate. Students tend to stay and develop their skills through the teen years and beyond, even coming back with their own children! We are developing more and more programs for students of all ages to join that will develop their performance skills, creativity and sense of camaraderie. Many TSS students take on leadership roles in their school music programs or audition successfully for select Regional Youth Orchestras.
Whether you are an adult, or a parent with young children or teenagers, we want to help you experience all that music has to offer!
Six Reasons why your child should learn music
- For the shy child, it is self-expression
- For the awkward child, it is co-ordination
- For the impulsive child, it is a way to channel energy into constructive accomplishment
- For the easily distracted child, it is concentration
- For the uncertain child, it is poise and self-confidence
- For the child who gives up easily, it is perseverance.
Music is for growth!